*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498181-Epitome-of-spring
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#498181 added March 28, 2007 at 9:01pm
Restrictions: None
Epitome of spring
I doubt if there could be a finer spring day than today. I didn't get a chance to make my drive out in the hills to see my out-of-town patients, but I know it was wonderful too. Maybe Friday I'll take that trip, and hope the weather is nice again.

The yellow daffodils and forsythia are all bloom, and now the cherry blossoms have begun, along with other flowering trees. The impressive thing today though, especially compared to the gray and rainy weather we've been having, was the the sky was out. Very blue. And the mountains had a new crop of snow. That's a combination that's hard to beat.

I took some pictures, maybe will get a chance to add them here later. I just got home and it's time to get dinner, so it won't be now. Some of the pictures were of the greenhouses that are owned and operated by one of my patients. This couple started years ago planting flower pots to sell for a youth project for their church, and were so successful that they went into the business. They supply all those pots sold at Fred Meyer stores from Salt Lake City to Coeur d'Alene, growing a variety of individual plants in each pot from the start, rather than making them up out of flats of pre-grown plants like most places do. This way the roots are deep and the plants have gotten hardy. They're just beginning to show some color, should be in full bloom in two weeks.

Bill hung another thistle seed feeder up for the finches this morning. There were sometimes a dozen or more feeding, and many have turned yellow by now. So pretty. We had a dozen quail in the driveway too, and sometimes have that many doves, but not today. One particular dove, who we call Humperdink, inadvertantly shooed them all away. He has something other than eating on his bird brain, and he isn't very particular about who he's chasing, first one and then another until they get irritated with him and leave.

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498181-Epitome-of-spring