*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497558-Getting-out-of-work
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#497558 added March 25, 2007 at 4:38pm
Restrictions: None
Getting out of work
I didn't mean to get out of going to church today. I did get up a little late, and was drying my hair with the car vents on the way into town. My stomach had been cramping and churning, and by the time I got there I was wondering if I could sit through a whole service without having to leave.

Seeing that the assistant priest was back from vacation, and in fact confirming that with the rector, I told him I wasn't feeling well and was headed back home. He said I looked like maybe I was running a fever, very flushed, and he didn't want to catch it. When I got back into the car and started it, I felt the rush of hot air on my hair-- and face-- and knew why I looked flushed. *Bigsmile* So that's just a tip I'm passing on in case you want to look sick.

No muse awaited me when I got home, but there were other things, like laundry, to do. Isn't there always?


Have a happy Sunday!

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497558-Getting-out-of-work