*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496407-032007---Its-the-Hair-Talking---Not-Me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1206540
Middle-Age Spread is NOT a Condiment!
#496407 added March 20, 2007 at 3:22am
Restrictions: None
03/20/07 - It's the Hair Talking - Not Me
Why is it just when I'm so fed-up with my hair that I'm forced to make an appointment, it decides to be cooperative? Does that happen to you? Do you look in the mirror and think, "I don't need a hair appointment. My hair is perfect."

For the past week, my hair has been unusually tame. It goes left if I want it to go left, lays smooth instead of sticking out, and curls in just the right direction. It knows. It knows that I made an appointment to get a perm. Now it is trying to fool me into thinking I don't need one.

I've fallen for this ploy in the past. I get fooled into thinking that I've somehow 'jumped the gun' and don't need the body, volume or control that a perm gives me. My hair has all of that and more. My hair is just the way I like it. I cancel the appointment and the next thing I know, almost instantly, my hair goes back to its evil ways, defiantly showing me who's boss.

I'm not falling for it. I refuse to be drawn under its spell. I will not cancel my appointment. However, there is a nice wave to it already. Do I really want to spend the money? Do I need to? Wait a minute . . . it's happening. That's the hair talking not me. I will keep my appointment, I will keep my appointment . . .


© Copyright 2007 Victoria (UN: vlm0325 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Victoria has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496407-032007---Its-the-Hair-Talking---Not-Me