*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494670-A-nice-drippy-Monday
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#494670 added March 14, 2007 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
A nice drippy Monday
Most people would not associate a drippy nose with a pleasant day, but it was. I started sneezing in the car on the way to work, and was having a full blown rhino attack by the time I arrived. So, I sat through the meeting detailing the weekend on-call events and deaths, and excused myself and came home. Well, I stopped at the grocery first and the bank, because those were errands I had to get done. Then I had the day to write, do laundry and walk the dog. YEAAAAA! I made up for not writing on my story yesterday and finished ahead. Even wrote a flash piece for The Writer's Cramp, celebrating Alfred Hitchcock Day.

Had a good dinner fixed for Bill when he got home. He's always in a hurry to eat, change into his uniform and get to CAP on Monday nights, although he's had to miss it for the past two weeks. (Which meant I didn't have a free night to write either, boo hoo. Poor me.)
Unfortunately for him, he got called back down to work, which is 30-some miles away, because their generator wouldn't stay on. Too bad. He'd just gotten into his uniform too, and had to change again.

Talking about the generator reminds me of a joke I read somewhere. A lady was having trouble with her computer and called for some help. She explained her problem to the man on the other end of the line, who was, unfortunately in a foreign country. She told him she couldn't get her laptop to work. Attempting to make sure he was understanding her, he paraphrased back to her: "I see. You are having difficulty transporting your laptop to your place of employment." *Laugh*


Did I tell you what I overheard the other day? One lady said she didn't shop much at WalMart any more. She preferred shopping at the Dollar Store, "because you don't have to dress up so much!" *Laugh*


easter sig

Thank You, Patricia for this lovely Easter Basket!

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494670-A-nice-drippy-Monday