*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494167-Saturday-adventures
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#494167 added March 10, 2007 at 11:53pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday adventures
We got two good things done today. We put strips of chicken wire in the eaves of the porch above the gutters where the starlings always nest. We sincerely hope they will take the hint and find another nursery this spring.

Then, the weather being warm and good enough, we flew to Spokane to deliver a birthday present for Sophie. I ordered it in time last month, but it came from Canada and was delayed quite a while. I substituted something else at the time, something small, but this was the present she was waiting for. It was a Polly Pockets cruise ship. She emailed me to ask, hadn't her "ship come in" yet? Their school has been on a three-day field trip to Seattle, to the science center, the Maritime museum and the Museum of Flight. Bill is jealous.


*Smile* *Smile* *Smile* *Smile* *Smile* *Smile*


Haven't much to say tonight, so I'll share this good quote I ran into at the website for Barnstorm magazine.


I have met with but one or two persons in the course of my life who understood the art of Walking, that is, of taking walks--who had a genius, so to speak, for sauntering, which word is beautifully derived "from idle people who roved about the country, in the Middle Ages, and asked charity, under pretense of going a la Sainte Terre," to the Holy Land, till the children exclaimed, "There goes a Sainte-Terrer," a Saunterer, a Holy-Lander.

—Henry David Thoreau

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494167-Saturday-adventures