*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493197-Dating-Life
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#493197 added March 7, 2007 at 3:37pm
Restrictions: None
Dating Life
Last time I wrote I was all excited about my date I had with Mr. Cutie I met on Valentine's Day. Hmmm, not quite sure what happened there, but I never heard from him. I had sent the one text message on the following Tuesday, which he replied to and that was it. There was a large age difference, so I am not pushing that one...things happen for a reason so I'm leaving well enough alone! *Smile*

However, that did make me anxious and eager to start dating again. So with many thoughts about it...for and against...I signed up for an online dating service. I will say it has been fun so far. Of course not all the guys I "wink" at respond...darn them *Laugh*...but a percentage of them do and I do the same for the guys that "wink" at me.

So far I will say it is guys that are a little older that are interested, but I'm not putting my nose up to anyone based on age. I have one really cute, 40 (yes, 40 year old) that is showing interest. There is another 40 year old that is kind of cute, not someone I would typically stop in my tracks for; however, he is so stinkin' funny. We have been emailing pretty regularly...about every other day or so...for the last week and a half. I find myself looking forward to his emails. One guy was interested; however, when I told him I don't chat through IM at night (I didn't want him to know my address to keep bugging me if I didn't like him) he said he was giving up on email and told me to call him. I did, but within the first 2 minutes I lost interest. It was 8pm and when I called he was all tired sounding and let me go to make his lunch for the next day, which was going to take 30 minutes...big lunch I guess! *Smile* He called back an hour later and I let it go to voice mail...I was into a show by that point! He apologized and said he was going to bed. I'm sorry, but if I said I was going to call and I did I would expect a little excitement or interest in his voice being it was our first conversation. Guess I'm a little high maintenance! *Bigsmile*

The funniest thing that has happened so far is a guy that "winked" at me the other day. I had originally tried this online dating very briefly about 3 years ago. At that time there was a guy I was talking to on the phone regularly, but something kept coming up so we couldn't meet...his issues, not mine. Then he just stopped calling/emailing. Well, he is the one that just "winked" at me. How funny is that?! *Laugh*

The creepiest thing that has happened so far is a guy that "winked" at me yesterday...he looks just like my dad...a few years younger, but still. I swear if I sent this picture to my friends or other family members they'd think it was my dad. I couldn't even bring myself to respond to him. I may be able to date someone that has my dad's personality, but he cannot look like him...that is way too disturbing!!!

© Copyright 2007 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493197-Dating-Life