*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491193-32-and-it-finally-stopped-snowing
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#491193 added February 28, 2007 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
32 and it finally stopped snowing!
I have a car. It is a 92 Volvo 740 gl with 208,000 miles on it, a cracked (horribly) front windshield, and a decent, rustless body. It was a going-away, get the heck out of my life, means of transportation from the ex so that I wouldn't leave in the new Honda CRV that had my name on it too.

Volvo people say a volvo with only..I stress only, 208 plus thousand miles on it is just getting worn in...has lots of life left. It has been sitting dead (mostly) in the driveway since October. It starts...when it wants to. It starts when it hasn't for days, but just to be difficult when someone comes over to look at it. It starts when you do not want it to, and never when you do. It started the day before we were going to tow it to the auto-repair shop. It didn't start the following day so it got a free ride on the end of a tow rope.

My boyfriend, Ken, is very car savvy. He fixes everyone's cars. This has him stumped. A buddy who can fix anything and everything, is flummoxed by it. The guy down the road who fixes Volvos for a living is frustrated by it.

So now it sits at the repair shop, where, for the lovely sum of eighty bucks an hour, will hem and haw and hopefully, fix the blasted thing.

No one asks me how to fix it. A stick of dynamite up its rear...err...tailpipe should do the trick. Noisy perhaps, but effective. Worse, what ever it had is contagious as my bf's truck is now experiencing similar problems.

It has been sitting at the repair shop now since Saturday and, supposedly, they will get to it today. I have never liked this car. Now it simply reminds me of a time best forgotten. But, like the ex, is tempermental, annoying, untrustworthy and has a habit of leaving me stranded on the side of the road in the middle of the night.

I do not like this car. My fondest wish is to get it running, so I can get a job, so I can trade it in and get something else. Anything else. Not new. Just a different vehicle. Something that reflects that the rest of the past 6 years (of the car) is gone, history, finished and will reflect the most recent 2 years of joy and light, safety and trust, love and goodness! A Buick LeSabre perhaps...maybe a chevy something or other. Not a Volvo. Never a Volvo.

Something down to earth and reliable. There when you need it. A Kencar, that's what I need!


© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491193-32-and-it-finally-stopped-snowing