*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490000-A-better-week-at-work
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#490000 added February 23, 2007 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
A better week at work
Ever since I came back from the retreat, I've been enjoying my job more and feeling like I've done a better job too. I thought about it today, and how miserable I was, and how I had thought, "Oh well, what else can I do?" And I wondered if burglars feel the same way.*Laugh* They probably do. After a certain age, it's not only hard to change careers, but it's hard to believe you have what it takes to learn something different.

Today I went to one of those very rare things, "a good death." The man was ready to go, he'd been saying that for a week. He'd been in a lot of pain, and the pain was now controlled, but not the weakness. He was surrounded by over a dozen family members. He was breathing through his mouth, ineffectively, and so they removed his oxygen. They circled his bed in silence, and his oldest daughter read prayers in Spanish. It began to snow, which he had been hoping for. The prayer ended, and he died.

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490000-A-better-week-at-work