*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489465-022107---Fasnacht-Day---Part-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1206540
Middle-Age Spread is NOT a Condiment!
#489465 added February 21, 2007 at 4:30am
Restrictions: None
02/21/07 - Fasnacht Day - Part 2
Our customers loved the fasnachts. We have two dozen left which we will put out for them this morning. I had the table right outside my office and I could hear the comments the customers made while they were helping themselves. It should be noted that most of our customers are senior (or is it 'seasoned'?) citizens. "Oh look! They have syrup and butter" and "They smell so fresh" were just some of the comments I heard. All in all, it was a success. I tried two of them which is totally not like me. I couldn't resist the glazed ones and the plain ones where just as good. It was cute to see a mother give one of the glazed ones to her two little girls. She cut it in half for them, and they sat on the two chairs that are outside my office. One was aged four and the other one was two. They sat and ate their fasnacht trying to being as neat as possible. I went out to see them and asked if they liked them. All they could do was nod their heads because their mouths were full. They ate the whole thing. Their mother told me she had to go grocery shopping so that was a nice treat for them before heading to the supermarket. They were adorable.

What a job it was setting up both branches. At least I had help at the second branch I went to. At my home branch I did everything myself. The two tellers that were there with me were about as 'helpful as horns on a cow' as my father used to say. They just let me set-up everything. But, having said that, when they waited on a customer they did direct them to the food table. "Help yourself to some fasnachts and coffee" I heard them say.

When you work at a bank, you are required by law to give back to the community. It's called 'CRA' which stands for Community Reinvestment Act. Your CRA is something bank examiners look at when they audit banks. For my next project I am partnering with a local Girl Scout troop to have a food drive in April. This is good for the Girl Scouts, for the community and for us. Plus, the troop leader is open to other suggestions. Once she said that, my mind instantly began to think of other projects: a blood drive, winter coat drive, and a child fingerprinting day. This branch wasn't involved in many community projects before I started there, maybe once a year they did a Customer Appreciation Day, but that was it. If I have my way, every two months we will be doing something for the community.

That is my update for today. Not my usual style, I admit, but I had to fill you in on how everything went yesterday. Tomorrow I should be back to my version of 'normal'.

Have a great day!

© Copyright 2007 Victoria (UN: vlm0325 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Victoria has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489465-022107---Fasnacht-Day---Part-2