*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489311-Strange-Things-in-the-Refrigerator
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#489311 added February 20, 2007 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
Strange Things in the Refrigerator
Over the years I’ve found some weird things in my refrigerator. Now most people would say, “If you cleaned it out once in a while you wouldn’t fined odd items in it.” However, in my case that’s not true. To begin with the refrigerator, or ice box as my grandmother called it, is cleaned out at least once a month whether it needs it or not. The reason I find strange, odd and weird stuff in the frig, is because I put them there.

I put unusual items in my refrigerator because I go to the frig to get a soda or water and have something else in my hand. I lay the item down, pick up what I want and close the door without getting the thing that I was holding. This isn’t a problem when you’re living along, but when you have another person in the house it can lead to some interesting conversations and strange looks.

I remember when I was living with my grandparents in Oklahoma. I was doing dishes, the old fashion way, and I wanted an ice tea. I wrung the water out of the dishrag and went to the frig. I took the ice cub tray out of the freezer and put ice in a tall glass, then I poured the tea from the pitcher in the refrigerator. After that I went back to the dishes, but I couldn’t find the dishrag, so I got another one from the linen closet and finished the dishes.

My grandmother found the dishrag in the freezer the next day. She ask “How’d this get here?” My reply “Oh, that’s where I left the dishrag.” I still get a kick out of the incident. I’m a little more careful any more, but if I can’t find something, like a book or a pen, I still look in both the refrigerator and the freezer.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489311-Strange-Things-in-the-Refrigerator