*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488678-Movie-Night
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#488678 added February 17, 2007 at 1:24pm
Restrictions: None
Movie Night!
February 17, 2007 ~ Saturday

Well, last night I went to go see "Bridge to Terabithia" and absolutely loved it. I was really afraid that they were going to butcher the book (since I have had quite a few disappointing movie experiences and have become somewhat jaded) but I walked out of that theatre like  "WOW!"

Beautifully, beautifully done. When I first saw that they were in a bit more modern times I was a bit concerned because I didn't know how they would work certain aspects of the the plot, but they did and they did it wonderfully... *sigh* It was brilliant...

In hindsight, I don't remember the "Free the Pee" chant in the book, and they didn't have the discussion about Leslie being cremated, but it was awesomely great... Loved it, loved it, loved it... I read a review in which the critic whined that there wasn't enough of Terabithia and gave the thing only two and a half stars out of five, claiming that for all its messages about imagination, it robs the audience of the wonderful creations of Terabithia. The crititc doesn't seem to understand that the story is not about Terabithia at all. It is about a boy and his imagination.

Anyway... I highly recommend it to anyone.

And, while we were in line, I saw both of my parish priests in line to see it as well! Kinda funny...

~SilverGryphon

© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488678-Movie-Night