*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487927-Non-interference-and-Blood
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#487927 added February 13, 2007 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
Non-interference and Blood
I’ve spent hours, literally, composing a response to a recent blog that insulted the intelligence of Christians. I don’t think that was the writer’s intent, so I was trying to make a few gentle points. First I had to work through my anger and defensiveness because that never plays well. When I found I couldn’t respond without insulting the intelligence of the writer in turn, I gave up. I realized that the writer probably wanted neither my opinion nor to be educated in the matter, any more than did the kicker I blogged about yesterday. The blog writer was not someone searching for answers. On the contrary, the blog sounded quite secure in its own point of view.

I first considered just leaving a comment, then had decided I had enough of a topic to blog on myself. So,now having abandoned that endeavor entirely, I had to come up with something else. This is very else.

*Exclaim* *Exclaim* *Exclaim* *Exclaim* *Exclaim* *Exclaim*

Scenes I’d like to see:

Young man in CSI jacket raps on door as he opens it, calling out, “Mom, are you home?”

Mom sees him from the kitchen, looks delighted and goes to meet him with her arms outstretched to hug him.

“Not now, Mom, I’m here on business.”

“Business, what do you mean? Have I committed some crime?” Mom laughs.

“A body was found on your sidewalk. Do you know who it is?”

Mom, aghast, says, “I have no idea. I’ll go see.”

“Wait. Is that blood I see on your floor?” He pulls out his UV penlight and shines it on some spots. “That’s blood all right. What is it doing there?”

“It’s probably from the roast. I just thawed it in the microwave and then put it in the oven. It must have dripped when I carried it across the room.”

“Roast beef?”

“Not roast Avon Lady, you idiot.” *Rolleyes*

“Hmm…smells good. Can I stay for supper?”

“Don’t you have a crime to solve?”

“Oh right. Would you come look at the body? Maybe you know her.”

They proceed out the door to the porch and toward the body, lying in a puddle of blood on the sidewalk. CSI man begins to run, waving his arms and shouting, “Somebody get that dog out of here!”



© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487927-Non-interference-and-Blood