*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487443-Its-a-bird-Its-a-plane-Its----a-bug
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#487443 added February 12, 2007 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's . . . a bug?!
Well, well, well. I must say I’m a little disappointed. Granted my question was tough, but I expected someone to come up with the right answer to my “spoon” question. *Sigh* Oh well. I guess that means I’m the only one with culture around here (I’m kidding).

The character who came up with the spoon battle cry was The Tick, from the show by the same name. It ran for 36 episodes from September 1994 to November 1996. The premise was how the most inept heroes can still manage (mostly accidentally) to save mankind from the strangest villains such as Chairface Chippendale (his head was a chair). One of my favorite superheroes was “The Carpeted Man.” Dressed head to toe in bright orange shag carpet, his super power was giving static shocks to the bad guys. Unfortunately, he passed out often from the heat because his suit was so thick and heavy.

For more information, you really should check out http://video.movies.go.com/thetick/ and http://www.thetick.ws/cartoons.html If you ever get a chance to watch the shows, you should. They’re hilarious.

My editing is almost finished. It’s going much faster than I expected it to. I guess I don’t suck as a writer after all (kidding again). What helped most was reviewing other people’s work. It forced me to focus on being an editor and reader, not a writer. I kept that state of mind as I edited my own work. I’ll likely be finished tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday spent packing and making certain I have everything. I leave Thursday at about 1pm. I get to sleep in a bit! Not too late though, because the airport requires I show up at least 1½ hours before the flight. That means I get to sit around for a while. Whoopee. One thing I don’t like about the current safety regulations is that only people with plane tickets can wait in the concourse. Dave can’t keep me company and see me off.

However, they do have free wireless internet there, and I’ll have my little PDA with me. I can at least bug you guys to pass the time. A few of you may even receive a pix or text message or two.

That’s all I got for today. If you don’t hear from me beforehand:

*Heart* *Heart* Happy Valentine’s Day! *Heart* *Heart*
*Flower3* *Flower4* *Flower5* *Flower6* *Flower5* *Flower4* *Flower3*
(Sorry you only get seven flowers. I couldn’t afford a dozen)

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487443-Its-a-bird-Its-a-plane-Its----a-bug