*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487197-Hello-again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#487197 added February 11, 2007 at 10:23am
Restrictions: None
Hello again!
February 11, 2007 ~ Sunday

Yes, haven't been here in awhile...

Last night I had a strange dream in which I had to close a freezer door and paint a line on the floor with a chocolate cereal bar to wake up... *blinks disbelievingly* Yes, that is what I said and what I said is what I dreamed...

And, I am deeply immersed in my work on Chapter 11 which is coming quite well...

AND, I was reading Sherlock Holmes last night and enjoying it immensely. Its rather interesting how you can read something that you read as a child and hated as more of a mature teenager and love. The only problem I had with it is that in "The Case of the Speckled Band," Sherlock says that the snake was likely trained to return on a whistle. The problem is that snakes can't hear... Hmm... Maybe that wasn't known at the time Holmes was written... Anyhoo, it was interesting watching Sherlock struggle with Moriarty, solve the mystery of the Dancing Men and explain to Watson everything about himself and how he used such "elementary" means to do so...

I also discovered that the hat which is so famously associated with Holmes was never actually written. Instead, it came about because of an illustration done in the magazine in which Sherlock was published... Now it is immortally linked with the famous detective, but it was never actually intended to be so by the author...

Yeah, I love Sherlock Holmes now...

~GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings
http://www.fictionpress.com/~gryphonfledglingofsilverwings

Haha, I noticed a little while ago while scrolling down my previous entries that I once typed the above link as GryphonFledlingOfSilverGryphon

HAHa!

© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487197-Hello-again