*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485893-Anyone-else-figure-this-out-yet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#485893 added February 5, 2007 at 10:56am
Restrictions: None
Anyone else figure this out yet?
Referring back to the link in the last entry, I realized what the problem is there.

Stipulating that every claim they make is true: that Oxytocin really does stimulate the brain centers controlling feelings of trust, attraction, and so on. So you spray it on, and you walk around trailing a mist of Trust Me...

Except that you are constantly breathing the stuff in, yourself. You're not immune to its effects just because you know what it is! You're now open to any kind of sales or propaganda pitch. You'll walk past a street preacher and think, "Gosh, I really should repent, because the end really is near!" You'll change your political allegiance every time you pass a sign for a different candidate. You'll be sitting around watching TV and suddenly decide, "Wow, maybe I should try HeadOn!"

You'll be a victim of your own lust for power. Poetic, no?

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd suspect a conspiracy.

© Copyright 2007 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485893-Anyone-else-figure-this-out-yet