*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485279-Lets-not-sweat-the-small-stuff
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#485279 added February 2, 2007 at 8:41pm
Restrictions: None
Let's not sweat the small stuff
Are we getting pettier and pettier each day? Even New York Times, the paper who claims to be so high-brow?

A few days ago, NY Times ran an article titled "Raining E-Blows on Egos" by Lisa W. Foderaro. The writer claims some of those explicit subject lines can embarrass some people and give them psychological hang-ups especially with the fear that their boss and office mates will see that they receive that kind (!) of e-mails.

I could quote her, but I won't. Instead, I'll say what I understood from what she wrote. She claims that when office mates and bosses catch one of those organ augmentation stuff or certain undesirable invitations on the subject lines of the e-mails, the receiver may be excessively embarrassed or may become the target of teasing, which could lead to serious psychological problems.

I had to laugh. You know, anyone who has worked in an office has to have some stamina to endure a bunch of stuff in the first place. If people can't take that, they are already in dire psychological trouble. They might as well go to business for themselves or else.

Surely, this is not a pleasant situation and some junk e-mail do carry friendly tones to fool the onlooker at first sight, but that's just it. Everyone gets those e-mails, and everyone knows what they are.

After all, "delete" is only a click away.


© Copyright 2007 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485279-Lets-not-sweat-the-small-stuff