*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485049-The-Perfect-Half-Time-Show
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#485049 added February 3, 2007 at 6:51pm
Restrictions: None
The Perfect Half Time Show
Okay, one more and I'm done. Really. I thought of this only a few minutes ago, wrote it in my handheld and thought, you know this would make a great blog entry!

I could wait until tomorrow, but I will be too busy to add it. Tomorrow we're having an open house at work from 4-7pm, and then after that I need to catch up on my Disciple lessons, and complete my judging for the contest. I did say I would have it done by the 15th, but I think finishing this weekend would be better.

Enough of my boring schedule. Here's what I thought of that couldn't wait:

I'm not much of a football fan. The last Superbowl I saw was when the Denver Broncos won their first championship. I couldn't tell you what year that was.

Of the last few Superbowls, I only recall the talk of what happened during the half time show.

I then thought of it! The perfect half time show!

Nothing but an empty field. For at least the last ten years, the producers of the Superbowl have tried to get more and more outrageous to keep fans glued to the television or in their stadium seats in between the 2nd & 3rd quarters. All they ended up doing is looking more and more ridiculous.

Think of it. No more wardrobe malfunctions. No more decrepit old men attempting to look sexy.

Watchers of any game, not just the Superbowl, don't need to be entertained by others every second of every game. True entertainment to me has always been the games I invented when by myself, sharing games with friends and family, even the conversations about what happened during a game and what the teams needed to do in order to walk away with the win.

It's because the Superbowl half time shows have become so pathetic so few people watch them, well, except for the media waiting for another 'malfunction' that is. Think of the millions the NFL could save by having no show.

Although, to set up games for the kiddies on the field during half time, now that would be something I would watch. Even me, a girl, would get a thrill out of traipsing on a football field tossing a football around with other children and thousands if not millions of people watching. I think any child would feel the same, and parents at home wouldn't have to worry about whether or not a half time show is appropriate viewing for small children.

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485049-The-Perfect-Half-Time-Show