*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484810-Annoying-people
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#484810 added January 31, 2007 at 9:15pm
Restrictions: None
Annoying people
Yesterday I missed the warm water aerobics class, and I made a point to go today. I've always preferred the instructor of the Tues-Thurs classes, but I have an appointment to meet a new patient tomorrow at 1, so I knew I wouldn't be going to the Thursday noon class.

A couple of days ago I made the statement that I like most people. I think of myself as accepting and tolerant and easy-going. Today I didn't feel that way. I remembered why I don't like the M-W-F class, and the reasons were petty.

I had little patience with this instructor, who doesn't use music, has a boring exercise routine and is busy talking to someone throughout most of the class. She didn't pay enough attention to what she was doing to change from one movement to another in a reasonable time. I mean, how many left legs lifts do we need in one day?

Then there was the other reason I'd rather not have been there, one of the regulars. She is a know-it-all who talks loudly about her dogs or her health for the whole hour. She raises dogs and used to train them to be eligible to become guide dogs, a noble calling. Today one of her puppies had eaten a glue stick. She did not seem to be worried about the puppy, only to tell us about all the various dog-eaten messes she's had to pick up over the years. Yuck.

The annoying man who called several times to tell us how frantic he was to buy the airplane is, unfortunately, the one who was willing to pay full price. He deposited 10% down in our account today. When he called yesterday, he said he probably ought to have the plane inspected. I reminded him, because I'm sure Bill told him in detail, that the plane was just out of its annual inspection in December. He said, "Oh, so everything is all new and good." Well no, of course everything isn't all new. It's a 33 year old plane, but everything is all good, and what needed to be new, is new. We'll see whether he comes up with the rest of the money next month, as he promises, and when he will be able to come get her.

Anyway, it's good news we actually have a buyer. *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484810-Annoying-people