*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484585-What-are-chickens
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#484585 added January 30, 2007 at 10:09pm
Restrictions: None
What are chickens?
If chickens are stray thoughts that cross the road of a blog from time to time, I've had a flock of them fly by today, too fast to get their tail numbers!

Have you ever been to a Grocery Outlet? It's a chain of small stores you find out west, maybe other places as well. They have a rainbow on the logo, and used to be called Canned Food Outlet. My kids called it Used Food Outlet. *Pthb* I just came from there, and my "finds" include Irish butter and cheese, Greek yogurt with pomegranate, Triscuits with olive oil and rosemary, and low carb steak sauce (Low carb is getting hard to find.) There are a lot of imported foods, and exports of familiar products like corn flakes with foreign labels. One of the oddest things I've seen there was a jar of cockles.

I've been playing with Than-Bauks today, and Ve dd warns me they're addictive. As someone who used to play Tetris and was plagued with mystic forms falling everywhere off screen, I'd better pay attention. An interesting point though, to me, is that I wished I had my notebook handy on the drive home tonight to jot a few thoughts down at the stop lights. Haven't wanted it since last summer when I was writing daily haiku on my way to work. A good feeling.

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484585-What-are-chickens