*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484371-Fish-murder
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#484371 added January 29, 2007 at 9:31pm
Restrictions: None
Fish murder
I was looking forward to having the evening to myself to write while Bill goes to his Monday night CAP meeting. Have a small supper fixed that he could eat quickly and go, but he called to say he was just leaving work and is hungry and not going to the meeting. It's a pizza party, so no wonder he wants to avoid it. He had lunch out with friends from work today, the first time in a long time because of his diet, and he really enjoyed it. But one meal during the day was enough.

So, there are a lot of things I won't get done tonight.

Today I went out to feed the goldfish in the pond. They seldom eat during the cold, and so I haven't been out there recently and I definitely should have. The heater that keeps the water from freezing entirely over went out again, and...well...frozen fish. *Cry* I feel awful about it. I thought we had it rigged so it wouldn't happen again. Last year it didn't freeze all the way, but did so enough to kill the three koi. They aren't very hearty. But these goldfish have multiplied from three to maybe a hundred in five years with nary a casualty. We've given away a couple of big batches of them. Unless there were some still alive under the ice at the bottom, they're all done in now. Negligence, stupid negligence!

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484371-Fish-murder