*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483751-Break-Up-Advice
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#483751 added January 26, 2007 at 11:35am
Restrictions: None
Break Up Advice
I was talking with a lady in my office today about one of her nieces. Although I've only met her once, the niece that is, my co-worker has kept me up-to-date with her life. She is extremely successful, yet down to earth, wonderful personality and pretty. She was recently dating this guy that everyone thought may be "the one." Right before Christmas she called him to see what time he'd be coming over to go Christmas shopping. He replied saying he wasn't in the mood to shop. Puzzled she questioned it, and he replied saying, "I just don't think I'm into this relationship, but we can remain friends." She is a very strong willed person and simply replied, "This is the very last time you will talk to me," and hung up.

She called my co-worker's daughter, who is her best friend, to be consoled. She gave her the best advice and she is already doing great! She told her to go get the best take out, rent a great movie, take a long hot bath and have a good cry. Then, when she goes to bed she is to wake up and start her life over again with a positive outlook. To help get over the guy she told her to make a list of all the bad things about him and not to focus on all the good things. You know, all those annoying things that you overlook while in a relationship that you wish weren't there, but deal with because you like/love the person.

Of course I need a new relationship to be in and have it end before I can fully test this advise, but it sounds good! *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483751-Break-Up-Advice