*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483507-012507----Nothing-to-say---for-once
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1206540
Middle-Age Spread is NOT a Condiment!
#483507 added January 25, 2007 at 5:02am
Restrictions: None
01/25/07 - Nothing to say - for once!
Today I have absolutely nothing to say. I woke-up slightly later than I normally do which means my body is now stiff and achey from lying in the same position too long. I must've slept in the shape of a pretzel because that's what I feel like.

All day yesterday I kept thinking it was Thursday. I hate it when I do that! "One more day" I kept telling myself. Then something would snap me back to reality and I was again reminded that it was only Wednesday. Is it me, or is this the longest week on record? Usually those four day weeks are the ones that really throw me off. Tuesdays feel like Mondays and my mind never gets with the program.

Its not that I have anything special planned for the weekend, just the freedom itself is something to look forward too. The not having to be here or there by a certain time and the not having to have my "professional" face on. On the weekends I don't have to restrain my mouth as much as I do during the work week. I can say what I want to those around me. At work, there are certain things that I don't talk about, or can't talk about. I'm an assistant manager of a bank, and all of my tellers are in their twenties. There are things in life they aren't even aware of, so it's kind of hard to talk to them about most things I'm experiencing. They just don't get it - yet. The magazines they read are all celebrity related - People and Us. I'll pick one up to read it, and end up just looking at the pictures. I'm just not into the whole Hollywood scene and what's going on in it. And my customers are usually way past fifty, so, again, there are certain things they don't want to talk about. So, it is a fine line that me and my mouth walk during the work day. Of course once I'm home the muzzle comes off and I can run-off at the mouth as much as I want. Not that anyone will listen, but just the release is all that I need. I listen to all of my daughter's stories from her day at school, and then my husband has his work stories too. That's usually our dinner conversation.

Wow, I can hear my husband snoring as I type this. Today and tomorrow he has off from work, so he'll be sleeping in as late as he wants. He has to work this weekend. He was glad that it was THIS weekend he has to work. God forbid he would have to work Superbowl weekend. That would have been a crime in his mind.

Well it's 5 AM, so I better leave this "nothingness" and start getting ready for work. Sorry this was so "blah" today. Tomorrow will be better. I promise!

Happy THURSDAY!

© Copyright 2007 Victoria (UN: vlm0325 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Victoria has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483507-012507----Nothing-to-say---for-once