*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482990-Shut-up-about-Hillary-already
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#482990 added January 22, 2007 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
Shut up about Hillary already.
Or, rather, don't shut up, but stop concentrating on her sex and start concentrating on whether she can fix the mess her husband's successor got us into.

Granted, now, I don't watch TV and I hate newspapers so my entire worldview is shaped by Internet articles. All I've seen so far is:

*Bullet* A majority of women support Hillary
*Bullet* Where she stands in the polls (I've already forgotten this number and for fuck's sake, the election's two years away still)
*Bullet* How much money she has to spend on the campaign.

Nothing at all on issues. I hear she's pro-choice, but that doesn't distinguish her from most other Democrats.

They've been threatening our country with her candidacy for at least six years, now. Does she still have that abhorrent stance on health care that made me pissed off at her ten years ago? If so, I want nothing to do with her.

I don't give a damn that she's a chick. That means absolutely nothing to me. To support her because she's a woman is just as stupid as NOT supporting her because she's a woman. I also don't give a damn that she's a Democrat. Neither of the two major parties have a stellar track record, and we're still a long ways from running a serious other party. While I've said I'm not going to support ANY Republican until I get some proof their asses aren't being kissed by the religious "right," I'd change my mind if I don't get some real facts here soon.

I do get the feeling she's not running because she has a Plan, but because Hillary Clinton wants to be in the history books as the first female president - get her face on coins, shit like that.

And that's a stupid reason to become President. If that IS the case, I hope Condi Rice runs against her and wins.

And now that I've violated my own suggestion to shut up about her already, I'll shut up now *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482990-Shut-up-about-Hillary-already