*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482235-Yesterdays-blog
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#482235 added January 18, 2007 at 7:26pm
Restrictions: None
Yesterday's blog
*Smile* ______ *Smile* _______ *Smile* ______ *Smile* ______ *Smile* ______ *Smile* ______ *Smile* ______ *Smile* ____*Smile*

I intended to write some yesterday, but time, as they say, got ticked off at me. Isn't that what they say? Oh well, it's something like that. *Bigsmile*

While catching up on blog reading, I found chalaedra was lamenting that her life was boring. So, I suggested we make a list of ten things we could do to liven it up. The first one that came to mind was to rob a bank, probably because Bill was working on our taxes. She laughed and replied that she wouldn't care for the adjectives she'd have to describe her life with if she followed that suggestion.

Since I'm trying to get in a learning mode, instead of just blogging, bleading and responding, I followed the prompt of cnoto to do a lesson in her class "Invalid Item. In it, she had us do some free writing around a question of our choosing, then come up with three ideas from that, and ultimately, write a paragraph about one of them. I used the question: What could I do to make my life exciting?

In retrospect, it wasn't a fair question, because my life has had lots of excitement. Just not on this particular week in January when I feel flu-ish and achey and ornery. For the most part, the ideas I came up with weren't what most people would call exciting. Get lots of massages for instance. Planning my next vacation, expense unlimited, would be exciting. Quitting my job and staying home to write, like I'm doing today while feeling queasy, might not. Redecorating my house to get it ready to sell may not sound exciting, but it is realistic and interesting. Parasailing might be too exciting, at least for now. Brrrrr.

What would you do to add excitement to your life? Or, is that what you need?

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482235-Yesterdays-blog