*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480460-Newsletters
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#480460 added January 10, 2007 at 3:52pm
Restrictions: None
Newsletters
I've long thought of myself as a sadist - not due to any particular desire to inflict physical pain on people (though there are exceptions, such as pop stars, used car salespeople and telemarketers), but... well... the puns. Only a sadist would keep beating y'all over the head with paronomasia.

But my self-image was shattered, recently, as I agreed to guest-edit not only the Comedy newsletter, but the Fantasy newsletter as well. The same week. Next week. That would smack me squarely into the masochist camp, wouldn't it?

Or not, since I'll be inflicting the newsletters on an unsuspecting readership. Muuuhuhahahaha!

The temptation to write the Comedy newsletter about comedy in otherworldly settings, and the Fantasy newsletter about incorporating comedy into otherworldly settings, is overpowering. Must... resist.

You can help me! Keep me from turning to the Dork Side of the Farce. Have you seen recently any particularly good Comedy genre pieces? Excellent Fantasy genre pieces? (For newsletter purposes, Science Fiction (I still refuse to call it Sci-Fi) counts as Fantasy). Or, have you seen any funny Fantasy stories or poems? No! Must resist! You're not my father! I'll never join you!

*ahem*

Of course, I could slog through a bunch of random items, but where's the fun in that?

Anyway, I do have other topics for both in mind, but first I need to get the cloned-newsletter idea out of my head.

Good suggestions will be rewarded. Mediocre suggestions? Well, submitters of mere mediocrity will be punished, of course. And I'll enjoy it! Muuuhuhahahahaha!

© Copyright 2007 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480460-Newsletters