*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480390-The-Biblea-new-beginning
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#480390 added January 10, 2007 at 9:34am
Restrictions: None
The Bible...a new beginning
As I mentioned before, reading the Bible is a new goal for me, which I was determined to start last night. The Bible I have is study bible and it is written in words I understand, not the King James version.

I picked up the Bible and flipped to the New Testament as I was instructed by my Pastor. There was an overview and list of facts that I skimmed over before starting the chapter/verse, whatever it is called! *Smile* Then it happened. The very first sentence I read confused the heck out of me. It was saying that Jesus was the son of Adam and son of David...what happened to Joseph??? So before going any further I picked up the phone to call my dad. He explained it to me so I felt better and continued to read. The next page and a half explained just what my dad told me. I guess that is my problem with reading...I need to know right up front what is going on, not wait for the explanation at the end!! *Smile* There is just over 1,600 pages in this Bible...wish me luck!!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480390-The-Biblea-new-beginning