*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/479957-The-Plot-Thickens
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#479957 added January 8, 2007 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
The Plot Thickens...
I don't recall if I wrote about this previously...if not, I meant to. *Smile*

Somewhere between Thanksgiving and Christmas Mark's step-dad decided he didn't want to participate in Christmas with the family this year. HUH? Who says that? Then he got mad at Mark because he wasn't going to be able to complete the Mausoleum for his mother before Christmas. Mind you his mother passed away 2 years ago and has been in a box on Mark's shelf while the family hmm'd and hah'd about picking an urn and taking care of the whole process.

Then a week before Christmas they find out he, the step-dad, was going out of town for 6 weeks to go visit his daughter. Until last summer he had not spoken to his daughter in 25 years. Well, they assumed he was going to see his daughter, he only mentioned he'd be going to British Columbia and that is the only person he knows there.

Over the weekend Mark's sister tried calling the daughter to see how he was doing and approximately when he'd back so she could plan a trip to Michigan. The daughter was very confused and said she had not spoken with him since December 22nd and prior to that he had told her he didn't have the money to go see her. *Confused*

Mark's sister left a message with their step-dad's sister to see if she knows anything, but at this point they have not heard back from her.

I was throwing out ideas to Mark, but none of them really make any sense of the situation. I was thinking maybe he is dating someone new and didn't want to tell the family or maybe he had a minor surgery to go through and didn't want to ruin the families holiday. Not sure, but it is weird he is not only avoiding the family, but out right lying to them.

Mark has decided that if he hears nothing by mid-week he'd take a drive over there. His step-dad lives in Canada so it isn't the easiest to get to, but for peace of mind it is worth it.

© Copyright 2007 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/479957-The-Plot-Thickens