*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478209-Its-slipping-away
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#478209 added January 3, 2007 at 12:27am
Restrictions: None
It's slipping away...
There goes the year, at least on WDC time, slipping down the drain like water in a bathtub. Millions of people are standing in Times Square, in better weather than many years, looking like contestants for game shows, jumping and hollering. In Key West, CNN is showing drag queens in some terrific outfits and counting down on a sushi clock for the ten minutes to go till midnight. With three minutes to go, we're listening to John Lennon's song "Imagine."

I'd like to imagine people getting together in peace. Maybe that's happening right now, right there, or at least somewhere. I hope so. I hope those hundreds of thousands of people are so infused with good spirits that they're being good to each other, making good memories of joyful cooperation.

Personally, I can imagine peace better than I can imagine wanting to be in that jam of folks, but that's just me. If Bill wanted to go, I'd probably be out there, and I'd find the enthusiasm infectious and exhilarating.

Oops, the crystal ball got to the count of '3' and TIVO changed the channel! Oh well, the New Year happened anyway. Happy 2007 to all of you!

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478209-Its-slipping-away