*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477765-My-own-beds-the-best
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#477765 added December 30, 2006 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
My own bed's the best!
The hospice office was closed last Friday, and I thought it would be this Friday also. So, I was looking forward to a day at home alone, filled with the post-vacation reorganization activities like laundry, and putting away the summer clothes again. Also, I've been waiting for time to read and write about the trip. It's a good thing I called at 8 to check: it was business as usual. Sigh.

We left Jacksonville about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, flew to Houston, then arrived in Portland around 1 a.m. Waited nearly an hour for the Radisson shuttle to arrive to take us to the motel. Then when we discovered a nearly flat tire on the car, brand new ones at that. So we made a stop at a Les Schwabb's, then to Costco for Bill to redeem the certificate I gave him for a new surround sound system. It was nearly 7 p.m. Thursday by the time we got home. Whew. That's the last time I travel at night. We didn't sleep; in fact, the six-yr-olds were the only ones who did. Nevertheless, we had a great time.

It was wonderful to be enjoying 80 degree weather in Miami, the Caymans and Jamaica. I remember how amazing that was to me when I was young and we'd drive from snowy Indiana to Florida for a winter vacation. I'll write more about it, and other things including my last pre-vacation blog, in a few days. In the meantime, here is a picture.

Caribbean Cruise 2006

Lucy, Katie, Sophie and Jack aboard the Imagination in the Caribbean

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477765-My-own-beds-the-best