*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/476792-Happy-Festivus
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#476792 added December 23, 2006 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
Happy Festivus
12 Masa’il 163 B.E. - December 23, 2006

Before I go any farther in this entry, let’s get one thing straight … I don’t think Seinfeld is funny!!! However, that doesn’t mean that I don’t find cult phenomena interesting, in some cases amusing, in many cases down right weird, and in most cases unboring. Let’s face it Festivus, maybe a little weird, but its not boring.

Take the aluminum pole for instance. It’s actually making a company money. According to the article Festivus poles now are for the rest of us at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16314291, a 6-foot pole sells for about $38 and a 2-foot-8-inch one sells for approximately $30. Now considering that you don’t decorate the pole, that’s saving money right there. I mean whoever heard of paying only $38 for a 6-foot tall tree that began dying the moment someone cut it down.

Then there are the Festivus traditions, which, although they sound boring, aren’t. Take the airing of grievances. In a dysfunctional family this could lead to some interesting and call the police the neighbors are killing each other again discussions. At the very least, it guarantees that someone will leave the party angry and that the rest of the family will have to watch their backs and breaks for several months to come.

Then there is the feats of strength and the tradition of pinning the host before the party ends. If there is alcohol at the party, someone is going to take this tradition to the sure everyone is having fun until somebody gets an eye put out length or in this case sent to the hospital. Or arrested depending on the gender of the host, the type of pinning that is going on, and who is doing the pinning.

So have a Happy and Safe Festivus today or whatever day you celebrate this cult phenomenon.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/476792-Happy-Festivus