*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475032-Virtual-Dice-Port-Surf-Ideanary
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#475032 added December 14, 2006 at 12:00am
Restrictions: None
Virtual Dice? Port Surf? Ideanary?
Wow, look what I found! I've been a member here at WDC for almost eight months, and I never took the time to figure out what all is available on the Site Navigation drop-downs. I thought I'd looked at the Ideanary before, but obviously not or I'd have been impressed. Just now I looked up the word "offense" there, and got at least a hundred different connections to the word. Very interesting. I'll use that one.

Port Surf. I'm sure I haven't checked that one out before. I expected it to randomly take me to someone else's port, and that didn't sound particularly interesting. Well, that wasn't it at all! It is actually very useful, and I wish I'd found it sooner. It would save a lot of time when you can't remember exactly what you have in which file, or where you might have buried a particular item. You can see everything in your port in one quick glance. Maybe you can even see into another person's port as well. I'll have to investigate further.

Now, as for Virtual Dice, I'll have to have someone else explain it. Sure, it comes up with a number for you, but I never felt a need to have someone/something else deliver that to me. What good is it? Are any of you familiar with it?

I saw a contest, or more likely an activity, advertised on the Contest page that I'm going to pay attention to. I didn't sign up, and the sign-ups were limited and now over. It's called Follow the Leader. The way I understood it is that each person has a chance to be the leader and to write a blog/journal entry on any topic they like. The others are to write an entry on the same topic that day. It sounded interesting. I'm going to watch and maybe try it next time. Or even
write on their lead topic for the day when I'm feeling lame? Maybe. *Wink*

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475032-Virtual-Dice-Port-Surf-Ideanary