*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474612-Where-have-all-my-readers-gone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#474612 added December 12, 2006 at 9:35am
Restrictions: None
Where have all my readers gone?
*sighs sadly and gets all mopey and lonely* I know, I know, I'm such a bore and whenever I attempt humor in writing it fails miserably. But do you all have to abandon me at once? I might try and kid myself into believing I write this for me but to tell the truth I crave your loving attentions. *sighs* Alas, it's true, I'm secretly an attention whore.

Isn't it strange that if I were writing this for my eyes alone it would be different to what I write knowing that others might be reading it. And doesn't it make you all groan thinking, "OMG if she writes this BS for our benefit her personal journal must be full of completely self-centered meaningless drivellings that she would not wish upon even her worst enemy."

Oh and I use a lot of cliche in common language. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time you'll have already noticed that. I figure I get most of my cliche's out in common language and communications I can avoid them in the writing that matters. Thus since this blog is just the mental meanderings of a strange and warped Rebecca I toss cliches around like popcorn at a kids birthday party.

All this wondering over the curious absense of readers leads me to wonder why I choose to write, and in turn why you all choose to. Somewhere deep inside there is a calling to be heard I suppose.

I'm one of those people who are actually hyperaware of my own insignificance. I'm fully in touch with the fact that the miniscule decades of my life will have next to zero impact on the greater scheme of the universe. The good news is that while my life affects very little change over a long term I have a great deal of power in the now when it comes to my own life and the lives of those I love. Everything I do, everyday, impacts that and because the people I love are pretty significant to me that makes me pretty significant too I guess. *Smile*

I'm greedy enough to want to reach future with my impact however. to reach the lives and minds of people, readers, all around the world. Perhaps to impart some wisdom but at least to give them the gift of something beautiful, an escape, and perhaps a realization about the sheer joy in living.

*sighs* Sorry, I get into touchy feely mode sometimes. *chuckles* I just wrote a pretty intense scene for Flight of Torque that dealt with a few aspect I'm particularly fond of. Writing is a fantastic tool for imparting personal wisdoms and simply sharing knowledge and beliefs with the world in an acceptable means. When you read a great book you don't pause to refute the beliefs of the characters. You accept them, good and bad. In doing so I believe a great many can be influenced to simply listen, when they might otherwise be closed-minded.

There I go dreaming about affecting change again. *grins* Me and my insignificant significance. lol I obviously don't affect much change here on WDC.

The good news is I'll have finished reading Eragon tonight. Then I should probably start thinking about actually getting other work done. Here comes the writing lists to avoid doing the things on the lists again. *grins impishly* PS If you're waiting on Tools of Poetry I'll do it tomorrow. *grimaces* Book you see, it's more important. *winks* TOMORROW!

Meanwhile tonight, I have to go read these remaining chapters before I pass out from exhaustion. Who knows, maybe someone will actually read this blog entry. At least it's written. *waves*

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474612-Where-have-all-my-readers-gone