*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474081-From-Joy-to-Agony-in-one-simple-step
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#474081 added December 9, 2006 at 10:23am
Restrictions: None
From Joy to Agony in one simple step.
Flight of Torque took a turn towards painful today. I'm not in my best form, grumpy, bitchy, achy. Thus is caffeine withdrawl day one. *grimaces* Thanks to a healthy dose of berocca and asprin with lots and lots of water and a decent meal I managed to knock the head off my migraine but otherwise I feel like shit.

Which of course I hope is the cause for my struggle writing today. Looking back over the post it turned out alright. But it was so hard to write. My mind isn't focusing on anything at the moment and I flit from one thing to another without concentration.

I couldn't even handle chat that's how bad it was. Everything was a blur and my dyslexia played havok. Eventually I sat there *dead* not actually reading it at all just trying to absorb a sense of being around others but it didn't help either. So I logged and went for a hot bath and some sleep. The bath was nice and I slept on and off all day. Read bits of Eragon in between napping.

By dinner time I forced myself to come together enough to produce a decent meal, get my kids bathed and to bed and then write. But the writing wouldn't come. I slugged through and through. But didn't get anywhere near the end of the scene I'd planned to reach. Still it's another 800+ words that don't suck so I guess we'll see where it goes from here.

The truth is you can't be in top form all the time. I guess I'm proud of myself for getting something written and posted. It's so easy when you feel terrible to give yourself permission to slack off. At least it is for me. I did for most of the day. I accomplished a lot less then I had planned to. But the two things I promise myself every day got done. I'm pleased with that.

Now of course it's time for bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Day two of caffeine withdrawl *grimaces* Fingers crossed I'll get some housework done and be back here for another entry having posted for Flight of Torque.

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474081-From-Joy-to-Agony-in-one-simple-step