*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474029-Crayons
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#474029 added December 9, 2006 at 12:30am
Restrictions: None
Crayons
17 Qawl 163 B.E. - December 9, 2006

I bought a box of Crayons a few days ago. I’ve wanted to get a box for some time, but thought I didn’t have the money. Anyway, when mom and I went to Wal-Mart to get wet cat food and some other stuff; I bought a box of 96 Crayola Crayons. It’s the fancy box with the built in sharpener and six smaller boxes inside, each holding sixteen crayons.

I got them to color pictures and make creative project. It sounds like I’m going through my second childhood, but what is occurring is that I’m healing. The fear that used to hold me back when I wanted to do something that sounded childish for an adult is receding. I’m not saying that it is completely gone, but it’s slowly leaving. My inner critic is having a hissy fit over this. He keeps telling me that I should not tell anyone I have the crayons. However, while I am hearing what he has to say, I’m not actually listening and my muse seems willing to let the critic rave without reacting in an inappropriate way.

I come across a poll a while back on writing.com that required an exercise with crayons before answering the poll. Naturally, I thought that I could remember it without writing down the name, but I really should know better than that. True I’m not completely loosing my memory or my mind, I can remember passwords and login names. It’s the small stuff like remembering the names of polls, creative exercises and which direction is North or East or South or West that causes difficulties.

OK, I’m directionally challenged. Actually, I have no sense of direction. The only reason I can find my way around Las Vegas is that I’ve lived here for over twenty years and have the landmarks (not the Casino hotel) down. In addition, there is MapQuest. The person who created that program needs to receive the Nobel Peace Prize or something equivalent. MapQuest is the best program I’ve encountered in a long time. There are of course exceptions, this town is growing so fast that some of the newer areas aren’t in yet and so if you go there you get lost if you’re not careful, but in a town like Las Vegas that’s expected.

Anyway, I now have a box of crayons and pictures to color. The pictures I can print off of websites, the only thing I don’t have is the poll that I was talking about earlier. Oh well, eventually I’ll find it or someone will let me know what it’s called.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474029-Crayons