*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473403-ponders-What-to-write-about-tonight
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#473403 added December 6, 2006 at 9:57am
Restrictions: None
*ponders* What to write about tonight?
You know I can't get much else happening in my head tonight. Nothing of interest anyway. My mind is too focused on me aspects and what i'm doing in my own little world. It's a pretty selfish mindset I suppose, but then again even everything I'm doing isn't entirely for me.

I'm really loving working with Forge on this book and I'm so very pleased with how well it's coming along. Writing each entry boosts my confidence in my writing. I'm very pleased with how my entries come out and I've written four entries now, about 3000 words I suppose. There are many more to write but I'm proud of all I've accomplished so far. It's giving me courage to consider writing other things.

I've also worked on the PPP today and realise I need to put more focus into getting the other PPP projects off the ground. It's obvious some members are eagerly awaiting the launch of these features. I'm sorry for putting them off so regularly everyone. The group itself is doing beautifully and I'm looking forward to it's continued growth.

I had a great deal of fun this morning at my daughters end of school Christmas assembly. It was so delightful watching all the children and singing along to the carols. My girl was the perfect dancing dingo for 'The Australian 12 Days of Christmas' and I was so pleased I'd gone to the effort of getting her an outfit that really suited the part. She had a great day, enjoying junk food for lunch in the little class room party and she even saw Santa. Alas he was too busy to talk to her so it's a good thing she's sent him a letter already. *Smile*

Christmas is a true delight as a child. I remember the expectation and wonderment of the holiday. I remember pillowcase-like sacks that went on the end of our bed on Christmas Eve. I can't remember how many years we used them but they were faded and worn so I suspect they must have seen a few Christmases.

I'm starting to really think about christmas now. I'll be going shopping on Friday and can hopefully provide for all the gifts I'll need to give. I've not started planning what to get yet although I know I definately should start thinking about that. I know there are a few things I want but they're generally out of the usual gift giving price range. I've mentioned one to significant ears so perhaps they'll plan to combine their gifts to get me it together. :) If now I'll just have to buy it for myself after Christmas.

It's hard deciding what to give my children for Christmas. I realise how blessed I am that there is nothing they 'need' that they don't have. Everything I consider giving them seems a waste because they have so much already. They have more than enough clothes, bags, books, and toys. They have a swing set and a trampoline. I'm not prepared to get a pool put in at this point but there are plans for a pond after I've done the fencing which the kids will love.

Ohh I have a great idea for my daughter, a garden perhaps. I could dig in a section of the back yard and gift it to her with things like sticks and seeds and mulch and a watering can. I think she'd really love something like that. It could work to benefit the household too if we grew things like strawberries, tomato and lettuce in there. I could include a childrens vegetable gardening book too and we could read and learn about it all together.

Ok then, so what should I give my son? He's harder to buy for because he's so young he's interested in everything. Of course he has plenty of cars, trains, blocks, and books. For some strange reason I'm picturing a tent over his bed. You know like a mosquito tent only dark cloth that you can see through. It wraps around his bed cocooning him like a secret hiding place. I'm not sure how I'd accomplish that. In my mind it's hanging from the roof on a big hook. Something to consider I suppose since he has a lot of fun with cubby houses. The other option that comes to mind involves airplanes. When he's older I'm thinking I could encourage an interest in building model planes. He loves planes and helicopters in the sky.

*sighs* All this gift thinking about is making my brain hurt. lol I haven't even started on my mother and sisters yet. I also have to remember to finish the gift box for my exhusband and make sure it gets in the male or it won't reach him in time for Christmas. The kids have gathered a bunch of things already, paper, pictures etc. mostly and I'll make sure they add a few gifts. But that's my concern for Friday.

Right now it's minutes until midnight so my concern turns to getting some sleep. Tomorrow is Thursday, no plans as yet other than writing another section for Flight of Torque and my blog entry. I might put Tennyson on my list. Three projects to ensure get done at some point tomorrow just as I accomplished the three tasks as well as r/t today. *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473403-ponders-What-to-write-about-tonight