*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473163-Whoops-sighs-Way-to-begin-a-month
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#473163 added December 5, 2006 at 3:41am
Restrictions: None
Whoops... *sighs* Way to begin a month.
Darn, *pouts* I forgot to get my entry done yesterday. I was intensely involved in the chatting with Forge last night relating to the book we're working on together. It's going great and I'm really excited about it but as usual struggle each time to begin my section. Last night I again put it off till the last minute and by the time we wrapped up the night was growing late. I decided I could leave blogging until the morning.

Only I didn't remember to come back and blog before noon today. Or I did remember but put it off thinking I'd have more time later. But of course there is never more time with as much as I cram into a day. It would be nice if I could set the date for this one as yesterday and write two entries today to fill in the blanks but i guess it doesn't work like that. It's not really a big deal but I feel like I've really accomplished something when I know I've blogged every day so having put it off yesterday feels like a failure.

Anyway, that asside I've had a good day. Had great luck at the costume rental place finding my daughter a dingo outfit. It's actually a brown lion outfit but without the hood it works well as a dingo. She'll have a dingo mask and her fluffy brown boots to complete it tomorrow and I think she'll look fantastic. *Smile* Tomorrow is full on with the final farewell school assembly and then the party afterward. I'm not sure how long I'll stay but I'm looking forward to sharing in the fun.

This evening however I have a lot of work to get done. I have to focus on writing my latest segment of The Flight of Torque so that Forge has something to work with himself. I also need to make sure I get the Tools of Poetry lesson done and that Workshop moving along. There wasn't very much participation and I'd like to get a newsletter out to the members so after I get this blog and then Torque done I'll focus on Persevering Poets.

It feels wonderful to be really writing again. To be writing other than poetry or chat. I read over my entries and remember why I write and how much I've learnt and come along as a writer. I really love language and being able to bring this story out of our creativity and onto the page where others can share in the wonder and beauty of this story. There really is a deep core to this one but the casement of the meaning and truth is rich and intriguing.

This sort of writing, and my love of language, is what inspires me as a writer. I want to share truth with the world. To bring light and understanding into other peoples lives while they enjoy and relax in the weave of words and the lives of very special characters. Writing The Flight of Torque is certainly a challenge however, it's daunting to think of in the greater scheme of things so I try to make my focus smaller.

Forge and I joke about movie deals. And are perhaps too serious about sequels. But when he asked me how many entries this would take I think we both felt a little deflated doing the math. I don't want to know how much work is ahead of us. I'm inspired by the story, I reenergise every time we talk about it and build on what we already have. For now I'm focusing on the next entry, and I'll worry about the one after that when we get to it.

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473163-Whoops-sighs-Way-to-begin-a-month