*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472791-Hotel-Toiletries-and-such
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#472791 added December 3, 2006 at 2:22pm
Restrictions: None
Hotel Toiletries and such...
In the residence inn we are staying, they say they are not washing towels and sheets everyday in order to save on water and detergent, because they are environmentalist-minded people. This is just fine by me, except why do the cleaning people come in and fill the dishwasher with detergent and water just to wash the coffee pot, causing noise pollution for my old ears? Lol! I think this is so funny!

While I am nit-picking, let me talk about hotel soaps. If I have unwrapped the tiny, fancy cracker-sized soap package and used the soap only once, why do they throw it away? One thing I found out: No hotel cleaning service will throw out the soap I have carried from another hotel chain. Neither will they throw out the plastic or paper cups from another hotel chain or a fast-food place. The underlying premise must be: "We only throw away our stuff to thrash."

This must be mechanical thinking induced environmentalism. In any case, it is better than nothing and I like the good will behind all this. Also, I am thankful for the one thing in this hotel that matters the most: The internet.

Not only do they have wireless, but also they supply an ethernet connection.

I can live with the noise of the dishwasher only washing one tiny and sometimes noteven-used coffee-pot, as long as I have connection to WC. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472791-Hotel-Toiletries-and-such