*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471863-Is-everybody-out-shopping
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#471863 added November 28, 2006 at 9:04pm
Restrictions: None
Is everybody out shopping?
This is my 200th entry. Nobody came to visit my blog yesterday, or at least nobody who left a calling card. Nothing in the mail either day but catalogues. Poor me, I guess I'll go eat worms. That was my mother's old saying. She suggested I do that whenever I whined.

I can't believe how many catalogues I get-- six to ten a day! There was a time when I did most of my Christmas shopping that way, when the grandchildren were toddlers. Now I'm just doing less shopping. The cruise is our present to all of them. Isn't that a great way to avoid all those long lines? I picked up the tickets today, and sincerely hope everything is in those folders that will get ten of us safely to Grand Cayman and safely home again.

*Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3* *Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3* *Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3*

It snowed here last night too, too cold tonight. The ski slope is already open, and the roads weren't bad. Just the way we like it.

I've been to the dentist today. Can you think of a more boring blog topic than that? I bet I got the best cleaning job ever though. The hygienist asked me if I was a "reverend," and then proceeded to yak non-stop about the Catholic church, which she grew up in and thought was boring, and then about her divorce. Talk about a captive audience.

I spent the morning re-writing my Meter Family poem and adding another. Wish I had some input about them, and a title. How's "Meet the Meter Family"?

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471863-Is-everybody-out-shopping