*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471428-Swanee-River-Road-Sign
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#471428 added November 27, 2006 at 7:39am
Restrictions: None
Swanee River Road Sign
Whatever happens elsewhere, I feel happy in WC. Especially now that we have the falling snow on top of the page...

I must be allergic to some pollen here in Tallahassee, probably something related to ragweed. The allergies and asthma are killing me. I can't even bend my head to read a book.

We went and bought a tiny air cleaner today for our hotel room, but it makes so much noise! I'll have to turn it off at night before I go to bed. Unfortunately, we have to stay here until the end of December.

If it weren't for the allergies, I'd have enjoyed Tallahassee a lot more, because I liked this city a lot. It has very tall trees, just like the ones we had when we lived in Long Island. Here in Tallahassee, in addition to the trees, we get the melting pot with the southerners and the Georgians.

I love to hear their accents and they politely listen to mine. Where we live in South Florida, most anyone is from New York, and it has been as if we never moved south. Because of that, this has become a treat.

Tallahassee borders Swanee River. On the roadside sign where it says Swanee River, they put the Swanee River song with notes, bars, key, scale and all. When we passed by it, I got a big kick out of it. I had never seen a musical road sign like that.

Maybe because I, too, am a mutt, I like it when and where cultures intermingle and flow into each other.

We would have such a wonderful world, if we didn't claim the upper hand on others and just enjoyed our differences.






© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471428-Swanee-River-Road-Sign