*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471404-light
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#471404 added November 27, 2006 at 12:00am
Restrictions: None
light
Light is always a good subject, and it was the place the decorator told me to start. My dining room light fixture was copper, and even though the bulb was 100 watts, the light was mostly directed down, making a slightly dark room darker than necessary. So today, when Bill wanted to stop at the store for a gutter scoop, I found a light fixture I like okay. I've looked and looked, and finally decided that I didn't know what I wanted, but it had to have the ability to be bright (on the rheostat.) I didn't want too fancy, or too modern. Picked an old bronzey brass color that will go with the brass nailheads in the leather chairs. My furniture is Tudor, heavy and fairly dark oak. I chose it all those years ago because it was more impervious to children's destruction than, say, my mother's mahogany, where I left countless white rings through the years.

My walls, which aren't all stripped of wallpaper yet-- I know, I started ages ago!-- can't be painted until they're textured, so I understand. We have a need for new drywall around a furnace pipe that goes through the guest room, an adaptation necessary because we now have central heat and air. So, the walls will be ready by the time a drywaller arrives, whenever that is. Probably not till after Christmas now.

Dinner calls out to me to finish it up and serve it. I'll try to get back tonight.

*** I never got the picture of my dog posted. Got my camera out to download the film, and, oops, I left my camera in Spokane at my daughter's house. Her fancy camera accidentally came home with me. Lucky she's coming down next weekend to see a friend who'll be in town visiting family.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471404-light