*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471011-Thanksgiving-in-a-Hotel-Room
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#471011 added November 24, 2006 at 9:06pm
Restrictions: None
Thanksgiving in a Hotel Room
I cooked Thanksgiving dinner in Marriott's hotelroom's tiny kitchenette. Ha ha! It was okay, but not quite like the times, say a couple of decades ago, where I used to go overboard with details when the kids were home and we had other guests at the table.

Both kids and daughter-in-law called to say they were sad we weren't together this time. Oh well, they better get used to it. Hubby and I are not getting any younger.

The good thing is, my son went to the house and found the product key for MS Word. So I finally have what I am used to writing in, although the freebie word processing program "openoffice.org" (Thanks to Kitti) was working quite well.

The bad thing is, I am allergic to something in the air here and the asthma is starting to take hold. Unfortunately we're here another month. I am so loaded with medicines, I am afraid to write anything serious.

Then, I want to write the novel that I started for Wannabe's challenge. So far so good, but with this head, I don't know where the novel will go. I am writing it as it comes and without a serious construction anyway.

Writing with no outline or character sketches is something I have never done before. The story seems to have two main characters (Lol!), but I am sure by second draft, one of them will have to take the back seat, if there will be a second draft. So what? This won't be the only thing I'll leave half-done. *Laugh* I have several things that need attention. Come to think of it, everything I have written needs attention. *Confused*

© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471011-Thanksgiving-in-a-Hotel-Room