*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470113-Perils-of-Pauline-is-no-Joy
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#470113 added November 20, 2006 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
Perils of Pauline is no Joy!
Yet another reason to love Writing.com...

Next time I reincarnate, I'm becoming a computer geek, and a hacker too (I mean it!), or else they can't make me come back. For this lifetime, I'm just too old to learn the stuff.

The tragicomic sort of a computer drama since we set out on the road is still halfway over. This Sunday I got a new Gateway laptop from Tallahassee where we will be until 2007. The Geeks in the store "supposedly" cleared the new laptop and made it good to use.

They must have cleared it too well. Because the office won't work and I have no word processing. I don't have time to go back and wait another half day. I have the CD for MS Word 2002 (for the old Dell) with me but not its product key. Its box with the product key is at home and the CD's are in a CD bag with me. A lesson here: Never separate the CD's from the box they came in, even if the box is flimsy and of cardboard. Aaaargh! Now I am doomed to write in note-pad or word pad.

I found a freebie program on the net "Flyword" a flyby something, which seems to have been tweaked from MS Word 97. Not bad, but its counting tool counts the entire page. Then, when I cut and paste from some place else, it gets those weird oldie html signs instead of apostrophes and such.

At least, I can get online well--knock on wood--and I can always write straight into an item on Writing.com. Like I always think, WdC is great, and everyday, I can find a new reason to love it.





© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470113-Perils-of-Pauline-is-no-Joy