*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467845-Inspired-to-do-Nothing-but-Sims-2-Pets
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#467845 added November 10, 2006 at 10:58am
Restrictions: None
Inspired to do Nothing but Sims 2: Pets
I started out feeling fairly willing to be productive this morning. I got a couple of things accomplished and then went out around 11AM to run more errands and go out for lunch with my mother. We returned after picking up Kaylie from school and I thought I'd get back to work but I couldn't bring my focus into hand, again.

I was also frustrated because I wanted to buy the new Sims 2 Expansion: Pets. For some reason it's a rip off on eBay and with the rainy/stormy weather we're having at the moment I couldn't walk up to the shop. I eventually started digging and found out I can download it directly from EA for cheaper than buying a disk version so that's what I ended up doing and then I spent a few hours playing it this evening.

I have to say they've made some incredibly brilliant improvement with their pets since The Sims and The Sims Online. I love the way you can train them now, instead of having to do it manually running your sim back and fourth you just pick the training you want and they do the necessary things themselves. You have to praise and scold them for doing certain things to train them as well.

Your pets can also get a job. *chuckles* My dog Maxx is fully trained and he's a Movie Star. *Smile* Lassie-style. *Wink* He's brilliant now but as a puppy it took some work getting him trained and housebroken. Thankfully I picked a smart dog from the pound so he was easy to raise.

I really enjoy the added challenge having pets gives the games. At the moment my focus is on Maxx who's the cherished pet of an aging couple. My main sim is a politician who's just been promoted to Judge. She's career and dog focused, even her husband is more of an afterthought. There were never any plans for having children.

Now I'm trying to get her as fully promoted as possible. I'd also like to get her husband up the career ranks. Now I'm starting to wonder what I'm going to do when they start dying. *frowns* Maybe I should have them adopt a child at this point, it's important to secure a new generation. The other option would be to have the husband remarry after she dies. But by then it might be getting too late for procreation.

Anyway, that's what I spent my evening doing. Playing video games and accomplishing very little. Still, it was good fun to kick back and take the pressure of having to do anything out of the equation. Tomorrow is soon enough to focus on the things I need to catch up on. Strange how earlier I was fussing about slow play rewind. *blushes* Guess I still take that procrastinator medal. *Wink*

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467845-Inspired-to-do-Nothing-but-Sims-2-Pets