*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467791-Were-off-at-least-were-packed-and-reserved
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#467791 added November 10, 2006 at 12:33am
Restrictions: None
We're off! (at least we're packed and reserved)
On second thought, maybe we're a little too boistrous to be considered reserved. But we do have a reservation, in Reno rather than Las Vegas, but at Circus Circus! I don't know what besides the air show is happening in Vegas this weekend, but there are no rooms except for $350 a night, and not even a lot of those. How can that be??? I can't imagine. Reno is evidently not the happening place for the weekend,and will be a shorter flight. Bill lived there for a time when he was young, and remembers when Gordon and Sheila McCrae, who were friends of his dad's, would come to visit when they were in town. Bill will enjoy showing me his old house, etc. I'm not a gambler, and the only time I've been in Las Vegas was to visit a friend in the hospital there who had a broken neck. Never have been in Reno. So the "sights" will be all new and glitzy, and fun in a different way.

The high temperatures of the early part of the week, in the 70's, have sunk back to below freezing. The tops of the mountains are white today. I had to hunt for my winter coat to wear tomorrow. Can't find my favorite turtleneck. The chest I usually stored my out-of-season clothes in was one of Mother's, and it matched her 4 poster bed which is now Sophie's. So the chest finally made its way to her house too-- with its drawers emptied, but I can't remember where to!

Happy Veterans' Day to all. Think about, and pray for, all our soldiers here and abroad, now and in the past, who did difficult and impossible things, not because they wanted to, but because they thought it was/is the right thing to do. God bless them all, on both sides.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467791-Were-off-at-least-were-packed-and-reserved