*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465786-National-Novel-Writing-Month---Day-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#465786 added November 1, 2006 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
National Novel Writing Month - Day 1
*collapses in a heap* Ok, I WASN'T prepared!!! I remember around mid October writing in my DWC that I didn't think I could do any more preparation for NaNo. I was wrong. There was so much I've had to research today as I was writing the first 1667 words that it's taken me about 4 hours to write day one.

There is still a lot of research to be done as well and I'm a little concerned with the tone it seems to have taken. But that's my editor kicking in already when I need to just get the draft written. If it needs a complete rewrite then I'll face that when the time comes. At this point however I'm very pleased with the results of my first day. I reached my wordcount with time to spare before midnight.

Not much time mind you, one minute till midnight now and I have to get a reasonable blog entry written but it's still a job well done. What's better is that the urge to procrastinate by loading up my Caesar game didn't rule me. I managed to focus on the novel and really sink my teeth into it.

I can already tell my head is going to be swirling with this book this month. I've got details and places and maps and attractions spinning through my head. My mind is trying to plan routes and locations. I've discovered one things I desperately NEED this month is my UBD and I don't know where it is. Odds are I gave it to Paul at some point because I didn't have a car and figured I didn't need to know where things were. I know there is one online but finding the right locations on the online version is a nightmare. Thankfully I can probably borrow on, or maybe I'll just buy myself a new one.

I've also discovered that there is a lot more in Perth that I've seen but not really considered. As I've looked up various places to talk about there are other attractions and I'm learning so much. It's making me want to visit the city again to check out all these fantastic sights. I've seen them, I mean I've probably walked past them all hundreds of times in my life but I didn't know that the Bell Tower was created to house bells that came from a 14th century church in England. I didn't know that Barracks Arch used to be a huge building and most of it was demolished to make way for the Mitchell Freeway.

I mean I've lived in Perth all my life and I never knew that you can actually go up the stairs in London's Court and I'm trying to remember a time I ever actually went into the museum. Even my daughter has done that but I can't remember doing it myself. I've been inside the library and the gallery but I don't remember visiting the museum.

All of these things I'm learning about my own city. It's making me want to take the kids and have another look at it all. I obviously will at some point and I'll take my camera with me so that I can add photographs to my book. Of course the problem is that this is just PERTH!!! I can actually visit Perth and explore these sights again however when I start journeying south I'll undoubtably want to visit everywhere I talk about and chances are I won't be able to, at least not this month. Perhaps I should plan and save to make a two week roaming holiday from Perth to Albany with my children.

Anyway, after getting a late start I ended up having a ball writing the first day of National Novel Writing Month. I'm inspired and I really do think I'm onto a winner with this idea. It mightn't be in entirely the right tone but that's something that will settle in the more I write and that I can edit after the first draft is written.

I even started writing quite late in the day since this morning our wine arrived. *chuckles* Some might remember that my mother and I ordered wine from Krching. It was FREE!!! *grins* Two cases, 12 bottles times 2, chardonney (white), and shiraz (red). We went around to our friend's house and opened one of each over a shared lunch with her and her husband.

The wine is absolutely beautiful. It's still young so it's got that tangy fresh taste to it and I wonder what it will taste like when it's had a few years to mellow. I plan to make sure one or two bottles gets put away in a safe place so we'll have a chance to find out. My mother, who usually doesn't like wine, loved both the red and the white of Broken Shackle and had quite a bit of it. I drove home. *chuckles* But now I'll definately have to make sure I save some bottles or she'll find reasons to get throught both cases swiftly.

Of course, I could always just order another two cases. *grins* FREE!!! Ok, the free sounds too good to be true. To tell the truth it FEELS free because we're buying them with points accumulated as bonus for milestones in the business. The case of wine retails for $195 and we paid 19,500 points per case, plus postage and GST. But even the postage and GST came out of bonus cash payouts we've recieved in our Krching business so out of our own pockets it cost us nothing. Well unless you consider the fact that it's a profit we aren't putting into our pockets that we could have.

Still, for some incredible wine it's worth all that and more. Again and again I'm amazed at the great products and fantastic opportunity this business offers. I'm also using Ryemune which is an immunity booster and is already making a difference to my hayfever (after two days) and Helix which is a natural external healer which I've found does wonders for taking away the itch of flea or mosquito bites and while I've got no cuts or grazes to test it on myself others have told me it does wonders for improving healing rate.

*chuckles* Ok, well I wasn't actually meaning to go off on a Krching tangent. Obviously the business excites me. *grins* But here is November 1st, here's to a great month ahead, at least 50,000 words by the end of it, a travel journal, and fingers crossed a second blue month. *cheers and clinks a wine glass*

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465786-National-Novel-Writing-Month---Day-1