*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465567-Business-Trip
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#465567 added October 31, 2006 at 1:26pm
Restrictions: None
Business Trip
My trip started off a little rough. Naunie, my co-worker, and I left the office last Tuesday with plenty of time to get to the airport and eat before our flight. Or so we thought! We drove around the parking structure for 45 minutes looking for a spot with no luck. We finally decided to find a spot in short-term parking knowing that our boss would be paying anyway. *Smile* We make it through security, grab a sandwhich and get in line for our flight. We got adjusted and while we started to back out we decided to eat our sandwiches. We finished them and were still sitting on the ground. The pilot comes on the overhead speaker and says, "while we were backing out there was a small problem with the front wheel and now they are finding nuts & bolts on the runway. They've asked us to pull back to the gate to have it checked out. Oh, and we need to refuel as well." I don't know about you, but that surely doesn't make me feel safe knowing parts are falling off the plane AND we were about to fly without enough fuel!!

We sat at the gate for about 45 minutes, which made us about 50 to 60 minutes late for our arrival in MN. This is where we were to pick up our connecting flight to CA. When we finally got off the plane we had 9 minutes before our flight was scheduled to leave and we were 23 exits away. UGH! We walked as fast as possible and when the gate was finally in sight...still far away...I took my shoes off and ran. I got to the gate out of breath and wind blown hair and the airline people clapped. It was rather funny! *Smile* Naunie had hip surgery last year so she can't run that easily so she caught up in a minute.

That flight went well and we arrived in CA about 7pm their time. We took a shuttle to the hotel, went to our room to drop our bags and went downstairs to have dinner with Jack, our boss, then it was off to bed.

Wednesday we woke early to get ready and have time for breakfast before we left. We left for the meeting around 9am and finished around 3pm. The people were nice and the meeting was informative. We were scheduled to have dinner with them at 6:30pm so Naunie and I took the time in-between to stroll around the mall. Since I packed so lightly, listening to everyone's advice, I didn't pack any casual clothes for dinner. We took the mission to find me an outfit! *Smile* Unfortunately we were at a mall that is typically out of my price range; however, I was blinded and allowed myself to purchase an outfit that is way more than I typically pay...but is was cute! *Bigsmile*

The next morning Naunie left the hotel at 5am to fly back home. I got up and ready to meet Jack downstairs at 8am. We were flying to AZ. Thankfully one of the women we met the day before was going with us, which we met her at the airport. AZ was very nice. I had never been there, but the view flying into the airport was awesome seeing all the mountains and desert. The meeting was rather boring and thankfully didn't last all day. We got there around 11:15am and made it back to the airport around 1:30pm. We talked with the woman that came with us for another hour and then she went to find an early flight out of there. Jack caught up on calls and emails while I wandered for a while before finding a seat by the gate.

Our flights home were on time, if not early, which was nice. We landed in Detroit at 1am...that sucked! I will say that I either have very high expectations for men or my boss disappointed me with his manors. Not once did he offer to help me with my bag. Granted I could handle on my own, but there was a point he was standing next to me while I was trying to put it in the overhead compartment and he didn't make a comment or movement in regards to assisting me. Then he sat in first class while leaving me in coach, which I don't care that I'm in coach, I just thought it was a little weird. When we landed in MN to catch our connecting flight to MI he didn't even wait for me, he walked to the gate and waved at me when I finally made it there. Then when we landed in MI at 1am, he again didn't wait. I finally caught up to him by the exit where he waited so he could pay my parking; however, then he let me walk into the parking garage by myself. Is it me or is that a little rude???

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465567-Business-Trip