*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/464268-Tired-and-Melancholy--Poetry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#464268 added October 25, 2006 at 11:20am
Restrictions: None
Tired and Melancholy + Poetry
You know it's strange. I expected to be doing alright mood wise today and I started off ok but then kind of wound down really quickly in the middle of the morning. I guess it was because I was pushing myself to do what I 'SHOULD' be doing and losing sight of why I'm doing it.

Anyway, I stepped back from that and went and relaxed instead which made me feel a bit better but still low. Then I got chatting with Forge We chat a lot and talk poetry and story ideas a great deal. He's brilliant to toss ideas around with and he's always keen to get my feedback on his work and thoughts etc. The sort of supportive friend who's there to chat with about pretty much anything. *Smile* Thanks Forge.

Anyway, *grimaces* I use that word a lot. Anyway, *Wink* He had just written a poem for a contest and we were discussing it and tweaking it a little. Then I got onto how mopey I was feeling and he tried to entice me to write an entry for the same contest. The conversation went:

Forge: Did I direct you here? This is the contest the poem was for... "Invalid Item
Rebecca: Yep
Forge: It might inspire you to write something new ???
Rebecca: Not so far lol
Forge: Oh well, maybe next time.
Forge: Hey! Wait!
Forge: Inscription on a Tomb doesn't inspire you to write something???
Rebecca: I'm inspired, I just CAN'T write. lol
Forge: Inscription on a tomb I would think would be awesome for you
Rebecca: My brain is functioning it's putting thought into action I'm having issues with.
Rebecca: *chuckles* Ok ok, give me a few minutes to see what I can do with that one cause you're right, it's something I could probably handle lol

I did go off and work on something for Inscription on a Tomb because he was right, it's a title prompt that is pretty idea for me. lol My mother just asked me how long it took to write so I dug up the time stamp on that conversation with Forge. That last line was said at 9:10PM and at 9:40PM I posted the completed poem to show him. That means I wrote it in 30 minutes which is pretty good. *Smile*

Anyway, here it is if you want to read it:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1171685 by Not Available.


Now of course I want to write some more poems. My creativity wasn't slumped. I've been WANTING to write all day it's the DOING I've been having issues with. But now I've DONE my DWC entry. I've DONE that poem and I'm just about DONE here on my blog. Of course not it's late. *pouts* That's because I've been dawdling. But maybe I can get another poem DONE before bed. The question is, which?

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/464268-Tired-and-Melancholy--Poetry