*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/464061-Repeating-Myself
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#464061 added October 24, 2006 at 11:27am
Restrictions: None
Repeating Myself
*Yep, just copied from DWC but it's mostly just how this would have turned out if I'd gone to write it again. I'm tired and heading to bed so forgive me for being lazy. lol*

I’m actually mentally wiped and would love to be able to tune out after a busy day and relax. Instead I’m once again, here. Tonight the challenge is to write 675 words which hopefully won’t be too difficult. I’m no longer on that sapping low and if I can settle on a topic I’ll be fine. Of course after a busy day finding an interesting topic isn’t easy. Perhaps I’ll just ramble about my day.

We started by having to try and drag my kids out of bed and get them ready this morning. None of us have been sleeping very well lately so it’s been a rush to get everyone ready to begin the day and get my oldest to school on time this week. Thankfully we were only a little late to school and I knew I had to get home straight away because the air conditioner was scheduled for repairs this morning.

The house was in a serious state so I set about cranking up the music and doing some housework this morning. Of course the technician arrived when the living room was looking its worst but I apologised for the mess and invited him in. I continued cleaning while he got to work on the air-con and within half an hour it was all fixed and running beautifully.

It’s so lovely having the air conditioner in action. After having wiped out my finances buying it when I really should have waited it was very frustrating that it wasn’t working correctly. I’ve had the air-con for about a month already and I had been suffering the financial strain without the reward of cool air. Now the room stays nicely chilled, it’s lovely, and takes my mind off the cost.

After finally getting the living room into a ship shape condition I sat down for a short rest and recharge, chatting with a few friends until shortly before lunch time. The weather was perfect today and I took my youngest out in the pram to a nearby grocery store to get some lunch and milk. The peace was disturbed by the buzz of helicopters, apparently an interesting new story in the area was drawing the news squads and Josh loved the sky show. He absolutely adores helicopters and aeroplanes. He’s always been able to spot and locate them from the tiniest specks and slightest buzz in the sky since he was a tiny little thing.

We got home and I managed to notch lunch and a little more housework under my belt as well as more net time before I had to pick up my daughter from school; then more housework with her helping to clean and pack away in her own room and in her brother’s room. It’s amazing to see the floor in their rooms. It’s a shamed such phenomenon’s are short-lived. But I made up their beds with fresh sheets.

I didn’t think to leave clean towels out in the bathroom as my ex-husband was quick to remind me when I got home tonight. In the early evening he arrived to baby-sit for me. He’d brought dinner and came to hang out with the kids for the first time in over a month. His timing was perfect because his being available tonight meant I would be able to attend a meeting that I had expected I wouldn’t be able to manage.

The meeting was great, very intimidating since I felt very strange in a room full of older people. These days I often feel very adult. I mix with an even crowd but more recently have noticed how many younger people are around. Today I was in a room where I was perhaps THE youngest there. There was only one other who might have been near my age and everyone else was my mother’s age.

Thankfully since I was there with my mother I had someone to hide behind. It was a great night. We had the opportunity to meet and talk with others in the business. I really enjoyed myself.

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/464061-Repeating-Myself