*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463674-Spiritual-Gifts
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1152330
AJRoald's rants, raves, and writings
#463674 added October 22, 2006 at 8:28pm
Restrictions: None
Spiritual Gifts
I'm not trying to be preachy or slather religion on everyone, but since this is my blog, I feel I can write and share this.

The topic today in church touched on Spiritual Gifts. Some have the gift of leadership, others the gift of teaching, and some music...so this left me wondering what my gift is (if any).

Then the pastor reminded us that the enemy will try to stifle these gifts, to sabotage them. It was then that I realized what my gift is...my gift is to write.

When I write I feel more alive, full of life and energy. When I don't I become depressed.

This also help give me some insight to the nagging question 'why don't I write?'. I'm not writing because the enemy has put up barriers, and I've allowed it.

I can't tell you how good this all made me feel. It was as if a dam had broken and I was flooded with creativity and the desire to write. Although today has been hectic, as are so many, I had to take a few moments to share this, WRITE this.

I'm sad to say that I haven't gone to church in a good while, and isn't it funny how I picked today to start attending again? I don't believe much in coincidences, I rather think they are God's ulitmate plan. This only helps to solidify my belief that my #1 Spiritual gift is writing. Even if I'm not the best, I have friends who can help me with all the technical stuff.

~AJ
"Kites rise the highest against the wind, not with it." ~ Winston Churchill

© Copyright 2006 AJRoald (UN: ajroald at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AJRoald has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463674-Spiritual-Gifts