*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463640-The-Color-Purple
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#463640 added October 22, 2006 at 5:12pm
Restrictions: None
The Color Purple
Was just fabulous! Honestly it was one of the best plays I've ever seen and it was just wonderful. The cast was a perfect mix. The woman who played Sophia (Harpo's wife made famous by Oprah) was just amazing. She was a standout and almost stole the show she was so good. The audience was wonderful and it was a delightful two and half hours. A couple of scenes toward the end felt a little long but it was really worth it.

That whole weekend I had spent with parents. They came for my mom and aunt's b-day with this tour. Because of the tour they were staying in Elizabeth, NJ which is 30 minutes outside of NY and though it wasn't far its much more preferable to stay in the city. We rented a car and I was the designated driver which proved to be a very tiring task as I also became the tour guide as well.

We met up with a childhood friend of my dad's who's lived in NY since the 70's and is well connected. He works in politics and knew a lot of people. It's so surprising to me how some people like my dad and his friend Henry were able to leave Alabama. My dad to LA and Henry to NY. I mean all the family I have there seems to be so stuck there. They can hardly imagine leaving the state and living anywhere else. They have this mentality that is limiting. I'm glad my dad was blessed to live a lot more spontaneously - which is probably where I got it from and why I have no problem moving around.

Anyway I bought a beautiful dress from Bloomindale's the day of the show. I think I need to stop buying certain things from catalogs despite how fabulously they're pictured. The dress I had bought was horrific when it came and consequently I needed a dress. I was under the impression that people used events such as a play on Broadway to dress up and make a night of it. We went to a wonderful restaraunt before hand and we were prepared to take pictures. All of which we did. I wasn't prepared though for people in jeans and sweatsuits and t-shirts all of which didn't make me uncomfortable as there were many people dressed like I was but I didn't think the opposite would have been so abundunt.

Anyway I had a wonderful time and if you can going to see The Color Purple is worth the trip.

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463640-The-Color-Purple